Richland Two expects its athletic programs to be an asset to the academic mission of its schools. Athletics should be administered in harmony with the total school program. The district will seek to provide a variety of experiences to help in the development of positive attitudes and traits in students that will prepare them to become productive citizens in society. Teamwork, sportsmanship, sacrifice, respect for rules and authority, perseverance, cooperation, integrity, loyalty and the pursuit of excellence are just some of the attitudes and traits the district seeks to develop in student athletes.
Provide participants with quality facilities, equipment and coaching Provide participants with safe, quality transportation to all competitions Provide participants with athletic programs that are highly regarded as some of the best in South Carolina.
Athletics are an integral part of the total educational program Athletic participation is a privilege that comes with responsibilities Participation in athletics enhances student academic performance and school attendance Athletics teach students intangible traits necessary for productivity in our society Athletics make significant contributions to the growth and development of the individual student socially, physically and emotionally Athletic directors, coaches and athletic trainers are in a unique position to serve as role models for students and community
Over the years, numerous teams and students from Richland Two's high schools have won both region, individual and team state championships. In recent years, teams from the district have won the following state championships:
- Blythewood High School - Class 3A Football Championship (2006), Class 4A Girls Lacrosse Championships (twice); Class 3A Boys Track and Field Championship, Boys Class 4A Golf State Championship, Class 5A Girls Track and Field Championship (2023)
- Richland Northeast High School - South Carolina Class 4A Football Champions (1993), Class 4A Boys Tennis Champions (1981, 2003), Class 4A Baseball Champions (2001), Class 4A Girls Soccer Champions (2001), Class 4A Boys Track and Field Champions (2001, 2002), Class 4A SAT Champions (2001) and Area 6 SC NJROTC Color Guard Champions (2019) South Carolina State Championship Runner-Up- Class 4A Cross- Country (1982), Class 4A Boys Tennis (1982, 1991,2002) Class 4A Girls Tennis (1984), Class 4A Boys Baseball (2000), Class 4A Girls Track and Field Championship (1998), Class 4A Football Championship (2005)
- Spring Valley High School - Class 4A Boys Cross Country Championship (2003), Class 4A Girls Cross Country Championship (1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991),4A Boys Golf Championship (1972, 1979, 1981, 1988, 1989, 1990), Class 4A Girls Basketball State Championship (1977, 2009, 2011, 2017); Class 4A Boys Soccer Championship (2007), 4A Boys Tennis Championship (1974, 1982), Class 4A Girls Tennis Championship (1988, 1989), Class 4A Football Championship (1973, 1974, 1975), Class 4A Girls Track and Field Championship (1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 2005), Class 4A Softball Championship (1991, 1993, 1994), Class 5A Boys Track and Field Championship (2022, 2023)
- Ridge View High School - Class 4A Girls Lacrosse Championship (2005), Class 4A Girls Track and Field Championship (1997, 1998, 2004, 2018, 2023), Class 4A Boys Track and Field Championship (2005, 2006), Class 4A Boys Basketball State Championship (2017, 2018, 2019), SCSCA Strength Meet Champions (2019), Class 5A Boys Basketball State Championship (2022)
- Westwood High School - Class 4A Girls Track and Field Championship (2023)
Adobe Reader is required to open some menu items. A FREE copy can be downloaded from Adobe.com.
For more information, please contact
Chief Pupil Services Officer